OTDT Roundabout 13 October 2014
If you’ve been stuck in convention centers and hotels with no internet for the past week, here’s what both you and OTDT covered over the past seven days.
-First some fun things to come out of NYCC: Crunchyroll beefed up its roster with Dectective Conan and tokusatsu; Rightstuf gets the US rights to Gundam; Yen Press adds the To Aru manga and Emma to its lineup of books; and Miku wasn’t the only Vocaloid taking New York by storm.
-One of the most-watched television programs each year, NHK’s Kohaku Uta Gassen has its hosts/team captains for this year’s New Year’s Eve battle.
-The SqEnix/SNK lawsuit now has a countersuit. Isn’t this fun?
Other things you may not have caught from the OTDT crew last week:
- We play “Spot the Reference: Big Hero 6 Edition” on our Twitter.
- We also join the postmortem of Hatsune Miku’s late night performance.
- The adventure continues (albeit with less aplomb?) at Daigaku Z.
- There’s a GARO anime now. We should know; we watched it.
- Meanwhile on Facebook, we highlight an apartment 4-koma contest.
- We also get our 21-and-older grub on with wine ice cream and blue beer, while wondering how ghosts taste and what Japan does for Halloween.
A new week starts today for some, tomorrow for others. Either way, I hope this week as good as the one before, if not better.