OTDT Roundabout 5 January 2015
A wrap up of everything that happened in the first week of the new year.
-First off, ESPN’s Outside The Lines did a half-hour on Sunday dedicated to eSports, first Robert Morris University (IL) offering scholarships for League of Legends players and then a brief conversation about Gamergate. I couldn’t find a good video link, but I would keep an eye on the OTL page
-Sekai Project put up a game on Steam Greenlight (to go with your MikuMikuDance) and will be working on localizing another. In non-commercial localization news the 3rd annual Manga Translation Battle has finalists.
-Speaking of doujins, Do. Not. Want.
-A new community might be coming to Japan in which everyone speaks nothing but English
-Shinjuku Station is giving out free Psycho-Passes this week, because that’s such a great idea.
Here’s an idea: catching up with the week in OTDT
- Sara gets 500 years worth of feels while reviewing Nobunaga Concerto.
- Z looks back at the year in FF Rebirth.
- A Rose of Versailles wedding. Finally.
- Wario is totally not a childhood friend.
- It’s never too early to learn Japan’s New Year traditions.
- And good news about the anime industry?
That’s all from last week. Hope you enjoy this week.