OTDT Roundabout 23 February 2015
There’s never enough snow to prevent your weekly round-up of news to not happen. No, there are plenty of other reasons for that.
–Oscar recap! At least the relevant bits, anyway.
-Tri-Ace has been eaten up by Nepro Japan. Valkyrie Profile on your mobile? I’d be okay with that.
-Here’s a very detailed article about the meteoric rise of Line.
-There’s going to be a Black Jack play in which the role of Pinoko is going to be a robot. Talk about scientific miracles.
-My major takeaway from this piece about Airbnb in Japan is that wide-scale cultural attitudes and behaviors are incredibly slow to change. Imagine that.
-And finally, the most important article of all time: How the Japanese name their cats.
Nya nya nya OTDT nya nya nya last week.
- A new OTDT episode with our weapon of choice, Chris Baretta.
- Sara sees ToQger to the end of the line.
- Daigaku Z rolls for initiative.
- Even puroresu has cram school.
- A new school for e-sports announcing might be where Piglet may end up next.
- Yo-kai Watch will be brought to you by Hasbro.
That’s all from last week. Enjoy this week.
For more up-to-date coverage on all the American Otaku news that drives you, subscribe to the Otaku Drive Time podcast and join the discussion in our message board. You can also follow OTDT on Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr as well as Google+, Pintrest, and Path.