OTDT Roundabout 9 March 2015
The temperatures rise, birds come home, and we present the week in otaku news (plus more trip talk).
-This Friday, 7-11 opened a store in its 44th prefecture. The 45th prefecture, Aomori, will get a conbini this summer. Not sure how they’re going to get to Okinawa, though.
-I’ll just quote the headline, because that’s probably all that needs to be said: Japan forms ninja council.
-So how does one go about to make the best manga museum in the world? Akita Prefecture has an answer, but more surprising is that it’s the only one Japan has so far.
-Finally, with 3/11 approaching, it’s worth noting that a Kickstarter has gone up for an artbook featuring the mascot for the relief effort, Tohoku Zunko. They’re looking for $30,000.
Here’s a recap of OTDT’s week:
- Jim’s trip through Japan continued, and you could follow him all throughout our Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and Twitter. No new videos, but there is a forum thread you can comment on.
- While Jim’s across the ocean, Sara reviews A Clinic on the Sea.
- Yo-kai Watch becomes an ambassador to Hawaii.
- Speaking of travel, why not go the the Detective Conan airport?
- Akira is recast starring Bart Simpson.
- And Fairy Tail‘s mangaka lives another day while drawing Jack Bauer.
Hope you’ve all set your clocks accordingly and have a good week.
For more up-to-date coverage on all the American Otaku news that drives you, subscribe to the Otaku Drive Time podcast and join the discussion in our message board. You can also follow OTDT on Google+, Pintrest, and Path as well as the sites mentioned above.